Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving 'OH EIGHT'

I love this time of year!!! Aside from the bitter cold that reliably accompanies Idaho winters this is such a great time. The Holiday's seem to come upon you so quickly when your not ready for them but nonetheless brings a great spirit/feeling (as long as you don't get caught up in the shopping craze - personally I steer clear as much as possible). And, as soon as the snow comes then I can finally get some good use out of my snowboard!! I think I've used it all of 2 times since I got it 2 years ago - Can't wait for that :) Last week I got to eat TWO Thanksgivings!! I think I may have gained 5 pounds but who's counting ;) I think I've got a few more to come anyways with Christmas treats from the neighbors (and yes, that is a request for all of my neighbors reading ;) j/k.....seriously it's NOT) I don't need to eat anymore sweets. My first dinner was spent with my Mom's side of the family with my wonderful Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. It was so great to see everyone! I always enjoy getting together with that whole extended family they are all enjoyable and loving people - I have to say that I have a wonderful family (extended and all).

Black Friday was Thanksgiving with Bryan's family. Bryan and his brothers had to work on Thanksgiving so we ate on Friday (and avoided shopping ;) ). We had such a wonderful time - I also love to get together with Bryan's family - he was blessed with a great family too. We hosted the dinner this time and it was my first time cooking the turkey. Needless to say, I was a little nervous - but it was in vain, the turkey turned out pretty good if I don't say so myself! The rest of the day was played our traditional "present game" (a twist on the white elephant game), played 'Rock Band', pool, naps and chatted. It was great!


4 comments:

Bobbi said...

I have never seen your basement since you've finished it. Looks so nice!!

kristen said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving!!! I'll see what I can do to help you gain that extra 5 lbs. for Christmas=) I'm sure I'll do the same and then we can go walk it off this spring when the snow is gone!

The Cooks said...

heheh....thanks for the encouragement on my weight gain ;) That sounds like a plan!

Cook Family said...

Thanksgiving was lots of fun, Hil! My sil Jamie made me a surprise header on my blog w/an old pic she had of my fam. Just wanted you to know I would have chosen the pics you took of us if I could've. Too bad she didn't have the pics you took, SO much cuter :)!