Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh Boy! We're in for it......

Just this past week Kyleigh has learned to pull herself up onto things and now does it quite well. It all started with a little grunt here and a little groan there as she attempted to get on her knees and pull herself up with the stepstool. But with Kyleigh, I've noticed, once she learns something then that is all that she wants to do. So it went from the little stepstool to the minature bench with Christmas decorations to the fridge! I turn around for one second to grab something and she has scooted her cute little tooshie as fast as she could to the open refrigerator door. I love to see her progress but she definately keeps me on my toes. Not only is the fridge one of her adventures - she has now attempted to scale the bars of the dog kennel (we are dogsitting and the kennel is in one of the corners). Again, I turn around for a brief moment and I hear a shrill scream. I panicked and looked around but what I saw made me laugh. There she was, both hands holding on to the highest point of the cage with one foot through one of the links of the door and the other leg just dangling. She had tried to climb up on it and couldn't get back down so she was stuck just hanging there.
I just happened to have my camera close when she got into the fridge so here are some pictures. I really wish I had a picture of her cage climb!

Standing up to the bench

Here She comes!

'Hmmmm this looks interesting....'

Caught red-handed (or maybe.....red-headed ;) )

5 comments:

Judy said...

She is so cute and can you believe that is was one year ago that you were down, hoping and praying that would be well. What a blessing she is. She has such pretty eyes! Thanks again for the pictures. I love them, they are priceless. That day is kinda a blur!

Vanessa said...

don't they grow up way too fast?!! She is so darling, checkin' out those snowmen! They are so fun at this age! She is definitely a darling girl! we are getting our basement finished this week it will be done, you should come over for a play date! we will try not to maul her! :)

Kazmin Nye said...

Do I need to remind you of her title??? Hello !!!! "princess of the world"... She has places to go..people to see, and I'm sure things to buy...She is her own woman..always has been...just try to slow her down..

kerstin said...

Oh, it's just keeps getting better. :) Just wait until she starts walking!! :)

Erin said...

She is so cute and growing so fast! Every little stage is so fun.BTW good job on Underwoods pictures.