Saturday, August 2, 2008

Caramel Popcorn

I have to say....Bobbi, its all your fault ;) (j/k - It's mine for not having any self control!) My wonderful neighbor brought us caramel popcorn a week and a half ago - it was sooo good. I had to get the recipe and since then I have made 3, Yes THREE, batches. Bryan and I gave a little bit away but mostly - we ate it all. It was the worst thing for us but oh so tasty :) Needless to say we have eaten our yearly intake of sugar and fat in such a short while!


Time to hit the gym......


Here's the recipe for your enjoyment - WARNING: Once you start eating it you can't stop.

*1 Cup Corn Syrup

*2 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar

*1 Cube (1/2 Cup) Butter

*1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Mix first 2 ingredients and bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes - stirring constantly (until soft ball stage when dripped into a cup of cold water). Pour over 2 batches of air popped popcorn and mix well. Voila!! Thank you Bobbi :)

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

Anytime Hilary, anytime!! It is a terrible treat because it is almost impossible to stop eating it, even when you think you can't stand one more bite. I am glad you guys liked it. ( I always put it in my Mega tupperware bowl too)

Ryan and Heidi said...

mmm...That's the same recipe my sister in law gave me and I love it also!