Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday.....

KYLEIGH!!! 1 year old and I can hardly believe how fast this year went by. My little girl is growing up so fast ;) (I'm sure I'll be saying that when she's 16, 25, 40, etc). Here are a few things I love about her and some that I will miss when she gets older:

*Her adventerous & inquisitive looks when she sees something new to explore
*Blowing on her belly to make her laugh
*Rocking her back to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night (It's the only time she will really snuggle with me)
*When she laughs as she watches the dogs playing through the window
*Sneaking into her bedroom to watch her sleep
*Playing 'pat-a-cake' with her, she loves that rhyme
*Her cute little handprints allover my newly cleaned window glass and fireplace glass
*How playing in my make-up drawer is her favorite thing to do while I'm getting ready in the mornings (I'm sure this will change when she figures out how to get the caps off!)
*Holding her hands as she learns to walk
*The cute sounds she makes as she tries to sing along with me when I put her to bed
*Watching her and her Daddy play together and how she smiles whenever he comes into the room

We had a little party with family - it was a lot of fun. I made a cake for her with fondant but it was too tuff for her to break through to the good stuff so we did the candle and pictures with that one and I had to make another one for her to dig into with just frosting on it. Here are a few pictures from her Birthday:

Oh and we celebrated Bryan's birthday too....his was yesterday. Happy Birthday Kyleigh and Bryan!

8 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Birthday Little Miracle Baby!!!! She is so sweet and I laughed at her through Sacrament Meeting last week as she flirted with Ryan N. It was so dang cute. She is absolutly adorable. I didn't realize she was born on my Ryan's Birthday. SWEET!
Happy Birthday Bryan! That is fun sharing parties!!!!! You Cook family rocks!

jen said...

Hillary,

I started to cry when I read the blog. I can't believe Kyleigh is one and I cant' believe how perfect she is after how life started out for her. I love her so much as you and Bry to. I wish I could have been there for her birthday. Put more pictures on. I can't get enough.

Cook Family said...

such a sweet post--she is so beautiful! I can't believe she is 1 either! Happy Birthday to Kyleigh and Bryan!

Vanessa said...

yay for babies and cake! that cake is so darling! great job! and she looks like she had SO much fun with the diggin' in part! she is a doll...and happy b-day bryan too!

kristen said...

So cute!!! I still cannot believe that she is already 1! Crazy!

Jen Nagel said...

Hi Hillary! Got your message on my blog. Austin will be 9 months in a couple days. Doesn't time fly?! This mommy thing is great. I'm sure you would agree. :) We should get all the babies together to play some time. Kyleigh is so precious.

kerstin said...

I can't believe that baby Kyleigh is 1 already! She is SO cute! I love your cake, you did a really good job. I love watching them eat their birthday cake, they always seem to go straight for the icing! Happy birthday Bryan & Kyleigh!!

Amber. . . said...

sooo cute!! i can't believe she's already one year! i seriously had no idea it'd been that long! wow! she's beautiful!